- Contents -
Section 1 | Our Service
Section 2 | Our Shared Commitments
Section 3 | Change of Service Policies
Section 4 | Receiving Your Orders
Section 5 | Communication
Member Statement of Agreement
Appendices | Additional Information
A. Growing Practices
B. Food Safety
C. Our Other Markets
D. Visitor Information
TopFeed - Contact Information
Maple Bloom - Farm Contact Information:
Jordan MacPhee and Catherine Bailey
Owners, Maple Bloom Farm
490 Queen Street, Apt. 201
Charlottetown, PE, C1A8R9
e: Preferred method of contact - email@example.com
Your Contact Information | If you did not already leave the information upon signing up for your order/subscription, please email us to provide the following:
Name(s), Mailing Address, Town, Postal Code, Cell Phone (preferred), Home Phone, Email Address.
The purpose of this agreement form: TopFeed wishes to provide you with food from our partner producers, and you, as our customer, wish to receive the food you order from us. This agreement form outlines our shared commitments, our obligations to you, and the details of the service we provide.
- Section 1 | Our Service -
The Basics of Our Service
- We offer home delivery to the Greater Charlottetown Area, or pickup in Charlottetown on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. You can change your location and date from week to week as needed to suit your schedule or convenience (see Section 3 for details).
- Each week, you will receive food bundles according to the order you submit each week at waggon.ca (ex. Specific produce and food products, or to have your food selected by us).
- Section 2 | Our Shared Commitments -
By selling memberships in advance of the growing season, our service provides our partner farmers with a steady market for their produce and reduces the burden of upfront costs so they can simply focus on growing great food for you. Your membership provides them with money to pay for seeds, equipment, labour, and other expenses before the harvest season begins.
A. Our Commitment to You
- We are committed to providing you with friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service in the distribution of local food and produce that you order from our food distribution service.
B. Your Commitment to Us - Sharing in the Risk of Crop Failure
We promise to do our best to provide you with a bountiful share of produce and other food products each week. Due to the nature of farming, however, harvest availability may fluctuate from week to week due to inclement weather, insects, disease, or other production factors despite our best efforts. In the unlikely event of a crop failure, our procedure is as follows:
- If only a small portion of crops fail, we will compensate by filling your order with other crops that are ready for harvest at that time.
- If a large portion of crops fail, product delivery will be reduced accordingly. We may purchase produce from other local farms to the extent that we are able. Refunds will not be provided for any shortage of variety in our offerings, i.e. items available in the online order menu.
- Section 3 | Change of Service Policies -
We hope you have the most enjoyable experience possible as our customer. The following policies exist in the event that we or a customer wants to make changes to membership status for whatever reason:
- Reduce Subscription Size: If you find you are receiving vegetables faster than you can use them and would simply like to switch to a smaller subscription size, we will happily do this at no charge.
- Cancellation Policy: You will be charged an administration fee equal to $25 or 5% of your total order – whichever is greater.
- Suspension Policy: In the event that a customer fails to pay for their orders according to the agreed upon payment schedule, we will suspend membership until payment is made.
- Termination Policy: We will not tolerate abuse of any kind, or even the threat of physical violence, toward us, our workers, or any of our customers. TopFeed reserves the right to terminate membership without warning. In the event of membership termination, refunds will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Section 4 | Receiving Your Orders -
As a courtesy, we send delivery/pickup reminders each week via email.
- Pickup location customers:
- You are responsible for picking up your orders each week at the agreed location and time. If you don’t, you forfeit the box for that week and will still be charged.
- Home delivery customers:
- You are responsible for being at home to receive your orders each week during the agreed upon time.
- If you do not answer the door, the delivery driver will call you at the number you’ve provided. If there is no answer, you will forfeit your order for that week and still be charged.
- Other arrangements may be considered on a case by case basis.
- All customers:
- Change requests for time and/or location: If you would like to make pickup/delivery changes in any given week, please provide at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Vacation or other absence: If you are going away or will be otherwise unavailable, please provide at least 48 hours’ notice. You may a) pick up from where you left off when you return, b) have a friend receive your order(s), or c) donate your order(s) to charity. Let us know your choice when you contact us.
- If you do not provide at least 48 hours’ notice: you forfeit your order for that week and will still be charged for the value of that order and/or delivery.
- In the event of last-minute change of circumstances: please call us immediately at 902-940-3598 so we can change our plans.
- Section 5 | Communication -
- Our preferred method of communication is email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond as soon as possible, but please understand that we spend most of our time during the growing season in the field away from our desk.
- Please read the emails you receive from us or our partner farms and respond when necessary. They will often contain important information related to our service to you.
- In the event of any last-minute circumstance that changes or prevents our pickup/delivery obligations to you, we will attempt if possible to reach you by phone (see Contact Information, p. 1).
- Periodically, we will email about the crops available that week or month, recipe ideas, or farm-related news.
- Customer Statement of Agreement -
- The above terms and conditions are in place to set a baseline standard for our business practices, establish communication methods, and clarify our mutual responsibilities as service provider and customer(s).
- TopFeed reserves the right to change portions of this agreement. You will be contacted in advance of any changes to this agreement.
Thank you for joining! It'll be wonderful to have you on board with us.
The TopFeed Team
- Appendices | Additional Information -
A. Growing Practices
Providing healthy food grown in harmony with the environment is our top priority. All produce from our partner farms is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. Some of our partner farms are not currently certified organic, but either follow many of the same practices and/or plan to attain certification from an organic certification board accredited by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). For more information about our partner producers’ growing methods, please ask. We would be happy to tell you more.
B. Food Safety
We take the safety of your food seriously. Vegetables that require pre-washing are washed and/or rinsed before being placed in orders or being taken to market. We do not guarantee the absence of any allergens in our produce. However, we do our best to keep different crops stored in separate bins to help prevent cross-contamination. For your added safety, we recommend always washing produce before eating.
C. Our Other Markets
Our service receives top priority among all of our sales markets. We will not consider selling to other markets until we have fulfilled our commitment to you. In addition to our service, we may sell product to farmers’ markets, restaurants, grocery stores, local schools, wholesale distributors, and/or other markets.
D. Visitor Information
Maple Bloom Farm welcomes customers to come by for a visit or to help in their work. However, please:
- please call or email beforehand in order to arrange a suitable time;
- do not bring animals to the farm;
- understand that children must be supervised at all times;
- park in designated areas;
- understand that, for liability reasons, the property owner(s) assume no responsibility for any harm that may come to you, your children, or your property while visiting the farm.
- if you bring anyone with you to the farm, it is your responsibility to inform them of this information, as these rules apply to them as well.
If you have any questions or comments about our service, please email us:
The TopFeed Team – email@example.com